Language Specialist – Japanese
We are currently looking for a Japanese Language Specialist for our global Content Agency within Booking.com.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Japanese version of the Booking Holdings products (website, apps, newsletter etc.) and communication materials (TV commercials, PR releases etc.) for a variety of clients throughout the business with content needs.
Besides being passionate about language and localization, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial understanding which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This position will be based in our Tokyo or Osaka office.
- Translate, create, localize and review content for the Japanese market;
- Provide commercially attractive and creative translations from UK English into Japanese for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Japanese market;
- Maintain the quality of the Japanese version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Provide custom language services, as requested by other departments, such as providing localized marketing content, language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Japanese customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Fluent level spoken and written Japanese, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the Japanese market;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, efficiency, experience in working with deadlines, prioritization skills, strong analytical skills and ability to multitask;
- Proactive and initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Experience in social media content production, audio visual localization, and conducting market research for the Japanese market would be a plus.
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.
The hiring company Booking.com Japan K.K. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Japan. Booking.com Japan K.K. is looking for a Language Specialist - Japanese. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top