Language Specialist – German
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com BV is looking for a German Language Specialist for the Translations and Content Agency within the Partner Services Department.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the German version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong quality focus which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This full time position will be based in our Berlin office.
- Create localized content for the German market;
- Provide translations from English into German for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the German market;
- Maintain the quality of the German version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to German customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level German, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
Instructions for the application process:
As part of the application process, you are requested to complete an online assessment.
During the online assessment, we will ask you to upload your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter can be uploaded in English or the language you applied for.
We kindly request you to respond to all the questions in the application form in English, and respond to the translation questions in the language you applied for.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit both your motivation letter and CV in English. In your motivation letter we would like to understand what inspired you to apply for this position, where you feel you could add value and why you feel this role is a perfect match!
The hiring company Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Germany. Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is looking for a Language Specialist – German. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top