Language Specialist - Georgian
Booking.com runs one of the world's largest translations agencies, supporting 43 languages on the Booking.com platform and a variety of languages on sites of other brands belonging to Booking Holdings.
We are currently looking for a Georgian Language Specialist for our Content Agency. In this role you will be responsible for translating and localizing Booking.com products into Georgian. Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our clients with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This 6 months temporary position will be based in our Tbilisi office.
- Translate, create, localize and proofread content for the Georgian market, with a focus on Georgian accommodation partners;
- Provide attractive, clear, and informative translations from English into Georgian for online tools, apps, and promotional materials, including market campaigns, to appeal to the Georgian market and accommodation partners;
- Maintain the quality of the Georgian version of Booking.com's accommodation partner experience, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as providing localized marketing content, language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the products and the service offered to Georgian accommodation partners;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Fluent level spoken and written Georgian, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized copy for the Georgian market and businesses;
- Strong business focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer, Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Proactive and strong sense of initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus.
A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast-growing company.
Find out more about the role by checking these links:
A day in the life of a Language Specialist
Why aren't Language Specialists just translators
Back to top