Language Specialist – Czech
You will provide support in managing the quality of the Czech language on the Booking.com website. Besides having a strong business feel and being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you would have to find ways to maintain and continuously improve the quality of the language in order to support Booking.com BV in attracting visitors to the Booking.com website.
- Support Booking.com BV's strategy hotel availability and supply within Czech Republic.
- Providing attractive and creative translations from English into Czech for website copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Czech market;
- Maintaining the quality of the Czech version of Booking.com, including conducting website checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assisting with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Fluent Czech speaker, accompanied by excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the Czech market;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong business focus;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- Strong sense of initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented;
- Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.
For more informotion on the role check our blog about "A day in the Booking.com life of a Language Specialist" here:
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top