Language Specialist – Bahasa Indonesia
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com BV is looking for a Bahasa Indonesia Language Specialist for the Translations and Content Agency within the Partner Services Department.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Bahasa Indonesia version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong quality focus which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This full time position will be based in our Bali office.
- Create localized content for the Indonesia market;
- Provide translations from English into Bahasa Indonesia for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Indonesia market;
- Maintain the quality of the Bahasa Indonesia version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Indonesian customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level Bahasa Indonesia, accompanied with excellent verbal and spoken of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
- Candidates do not require a work visa to work in Indonesia. As we are not able to provide relocation, candidates residing in Bali will be given priority.
Instructions for the application process:
The test has a time limit of 90 minutes.
1) Please submit your CV and cover letter, as well as respond to the test questions in the application form in English.
2) As part of the application process, we would like to ask you to complete an online test via Harver. Please make sure to respond to the translations questions in the test in Bahasa Indonesia.
Kindly note that translations must be in Bahasa Indonesia.
The hiring company Pt. Booking Indonesia is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Indonesia. Pt. Booking Indonesia is looking for a Language Specialist - Bahasa Indonesia. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top