Junior Buyer - Global Telephony & Networks
Booking.com BV is looking for a Junior Buyer to join our Global Technology Procurement Team based in our headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
In your role you will be responsible for the development and execution of Telecoms Procurement across all IT divisions (IT services / Core Infra / Security / BPO), working with stakeholders to prioritize, execute and drive value for Booking.com within the category.
The Junior Buyer will report into and work alongside the relevant category lead or the Global Procurement Manager, where they will be responsible for supporting contractual and commercial negotiations with third-party vendors.
- As part of the Tech Buying group, supporting the Tech Procurement leadership team, establish a value add centralized function in line with Booking's strategic directions
- Provide support and help develop the newly formed team responsible for the relevant area of global telephony and networks
- Support the business and internal relationships for vendor and commercial management across the Booking's Strategic vendors, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned
- Support category lead on commercial discussions on new Telephony, Mobility, Network and SMS products and expansion of strategic communications roadmap
- Single point of contact for all issues regarding mobility service including the management of suppliers' performance, third party risks, business controls, reviews, renewals and strategic sourcing.
- In conjunction with IT stakeholders and business stakeholders - evaluate providers for fit with Booking.com requirements
- Coordinate procurement activities, including but not limited to placing orders, ensuring compliance with contracts, manage cost saving and coordinate with other categories.
- Support and conduct QBR with business controllers and IT LT quarterly on this category
- Work with ITP Ticketing, ensuring workload, resolution and end-user experience are optimized.
- Background in IT purchasing and vendor management on a global scale, ideally from a Telco background, or directly within a large enterprise maintaining connectivity and mobility;
- Knowledge of SIP, ADSL, Internet Access, Leased Lines and ISDN technologies
- Experience with tender processes and RFP analysis;
- Understanding of contract language and service level agreements for network infrastructure services is an advantage
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude;
- Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures;
- Excellent and timely verbal and written communication skills required as well as demonstrated ability to present to Executive Management;
- Strong negotiation skills required;
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction;
Back to top