Jr. Data Scientist Finance
The Financial Systems team provides technology expertise to the finance department, and is responsible for SAP, HANA, and connected 3rd party systems at Booking.com. We want to change the way people work with SAP, by building a finance application platform that supports simplification of business processes, and empowers the finance community with better financial insights.
As a Junior data scientist for Finance, you will have a combination of technical and analytical skills with a deep understanding of the business. You will be responsible for extracting data from our databases, aggregating / transforming it, interpreting the data, identifying trends, and organize and present data in a meaningful way. Since this role requires extensive interaction with stakeholders, you will have excellent communication skills and are able to translate your findings into business language of stakeholders. We are looking for highly motivated people who can work independently, adapt quickly and interested in learning new skills.
Due to the continued and rapid growth of the organization, there is the opportunity for the tasks and duties of the position to evolve over time. You will need to be keen to develop and grow with the role and to take on additional challenges, responsibilities and projects as they occur.
- Liaise with business teams, understand their needs and translate them into data requests
- Extract, cleanse and validate data for analysis and modeling
- Create and implement predictive models for financial processes
- Produce relevant insights out of data
- Work with developers, data scientists and business stakeholders to operationalize predictive models
- Strong mathematical background, preferably Masters degree with Math or Statistics component
- 3 – 5 years of software development experience
- Very strong SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of the main principles in machine/supervised learning, data mining, text mining, clustering, classification, statistics.
- Knowledge of R is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP HANA is a plus
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a quick turnaround environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Organized, flexible, proactive and result-oriented.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Jr. Data Scientist Finance. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top