It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are looking for a backend Developer to join our team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of the team, you will be given the opportunity to deliver the solutions for data security and visibility.
Our area provides solutions for data visibility, sensitive data detection, and data security compliance.
As a Software Developer in our Data Visibility team, you are responsible for the development & maintenance of data security solutions, Integration with third party provider solutions, and scaling of our services. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Design, build, and implement security solutions in the data security domain
- Maintaining the current services and systems
- Integrating and deploying third party services
- Designing systems and solving problems with Data Security in mind
- Work in close collaboration with other developers in the team through technical discussions and code reviews
- Be an advocate of engineering best practices
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Most products are developed in Java and some in Perl
- Contributing to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
We are looking for a Software Developer who enjoys solving problems, who initiates solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- Minimum of 4 years software development experience
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles
- Have a strong drive to build high quality systems and improve the quality of existing systems
- Experience with Java is a must
- Experience with Perl , and React is a plus
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Previous experience with database systems and distributed systems is a plus
- Excellent communication; Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com