Java Software Developer - Customer and Payment Fraud
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip so see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Customer and Payment Fraud team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of the Customer and Payment Fraud team, you will be given the opportunity to deliver the solutions for payment fraud, securing the transaction flows and protecting customers from marketing abuse.
The Customer and Payment Fraud area provides protection against chargebacks, marketing abuse (incentives, affiliates, PPC fraud), customer fraud (availability blocking). It supports business units in setting up a secure transaction flow, and ensuring that criminal parties are not able to negatively affect our supply partners, customers or our company.
As a Software Developer in our Customer and Payment Fraud team, you are responsible for the development of payment fraud solutions, Integration with third party provider solutions, and scaling of our fraud services, as well as internal systems related to the fraud platform. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly developing next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance services for the Security Department, including Fraud platform.
- Solving issues with services, systems and prioritizing based on customer impact
- Acting as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Most products are developed in Perl and Java.
- Contributing to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
We are looking for a Software Developer who enjoys solving problems, who initiates solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- Minimum of 3 years software development experience using Java
- Experience with other languages like Perl, Python etc is a plus
- Knowledge of Machine Learning is a plus
- Previous experience with distributed systems especially Apache Kafka, Cassandra and Hadoop.
- Experience with data stream processors such as Apache Flink or Apache Spark Streaming is a plus
- Experience with Elastic Stack (elasticsearch, kibana, logstash and beats)
- Knowledge of cloud computing fundamentals and experience with AWS and/or GCP
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
- Excellent communication; written and spoken
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Back to top