IT Risk & Control Operations Manager
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world), is in search of a dynamic & versatile Sr IT Risk & Control Operations Manager to join the Risk & Control organization.
Your main responsibility will be to support the business and technology departments in managing risk. Booking.com is one of the world's largest e-commerce businesses and provides an incredibly dynamic working environment and sophisticated operating environment in which to work. Successful risk management at Booking.com requires a dynamic, non-traditional mindset to liaise with business and technology stakeholders and foster collaboration, integrate perspectives and drive to business beneficial outcomes.
We provide a fast-paced working environment, where continuous learning is key for your and Booking.com's development and growth. You will collaborate with other professionals that are experienced in the fields of Risk & Controls, IT Security and Internal Audit, who will help you to learn, grow and provide you the freedom to experiment. This embodies the culture of Booking.com.
As an e-commerce company, we are committed to providing 24/7 availability to our customers. Strong commercial awareness is vital for success as you will need to enable the business to maintain agility while designing and implementing robust controls. In supporting the business, you act both top-down and bottom-up, considering a holistic view on managing risks at Booking.com. You will:
- Lead the IT Control Operations team
- Partner with the business to design, implement and improve controls across the company-wide control framework
- Maintain the Booking.com control framework to manage risk, and assist in control monitoring of SOx, PCI, SWIFT and GDPR compliance, among others
- Link business process to technology process, applications, and systems to understand if the controls adequately manage the risks
- Recommend risk-mitigating actions, provide general and technical guidance on how to prevent, or deal with, similar situations in the future and define controls to mitigate these risks
- Assist process owners in understanding risk within their domain and assisting them in providing the best control solutions to mitigate this risk
- Strong, autonomous leader (with previous team management experience)
- Versatility and flexibility
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoy change
- Hands-on control implementation experience in a fast moving environment
- Quick thinker & confident in decision making
- Leadership skills (previous experience of team management)
- 7+ years of experience gained within the realms of IT (Operational) Risk Management, Internal Controls or Compliance (in company, not just on a consulting basis)
- Practical IT / Business (integrated) Sox frameworks/program experience (design, drive, manage, coordinate)
- Familiar with internal controls and IT control frameworks (COBIT, COSO, Information Security, Cybersecurity)
- Experience within large e-commerce or tech companies
- SAP, MySQL, Unix, Git, Security, Infra, Cyber exposure
- Familiar with ServiceNow, Google Suite, Jira is a plus
- Senior stakeholder engagement (Directors, Audit partners)
- Clear understanding of business process analysis and supporting technologies
- Communication skills in order to bring people together when issues need to be solved
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong team player
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a IT Risk & Control Operations Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top