IT Compliance Analyst
IT Compliance Analyst
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world), is in search of an IT Compliance Analyst who is to be part of our Risk & Compliance team.
Your main responsibility is to support IT and business departments with identifying control requirements based on key risks, for key compliance areas. Key compliance areas are IT controls for financial reporting (SOx), PCI DSS, Privacy, Continuity, and more.
You will collaborate with various teams to document IT processes relevant for each of the key compliance areas, determine risks and define controls. You will ensure that process and control owners understand objectives and take ownership of their processes and controls. Monitoring and reporting on the timeliness and effectiveness of control execution is a key part of the role.
Who is Booking.com
We are an e-commerce company, where over 1,000,000 room nights are booked per day, whilst working with over 1,000,000 accommodations and many other partners. And we do so with an organisation of over 10,000 people, which includes a team of over 1,000 IT staff.
The current IT landscape covers various applications and systems. Applications concern various in-house developed and insourced applications, SAP, as well as several cloud-based services. Our internal IT systems are based on e.g. Linux, Windows, and MySQL.
We provide a fast growing working environment, where continuous learning is key for your and Booking.com’s development and growth. You will collaborate with other professionals that are experienced in the fields of Risk & Compliance, IT Security and Internal Audit, who will help you to learn, grow and provide you the freedom to experiment. Such is also part of the culture of Booking.com.
Your fit with Booking.com
As an e-commerce company, we have the need to ensure 24/7 operations of services towards our customers. Strong commercial awareness is vital for the IT Compliance Analyst, as you will coordinate and evaluate IT risks and compliance to support our operations, whilst considering the business impact of potential improvements and maintaining agility.
Our agility implies that we collaborate in small teams, have a preference for small steps over big changes, experiment and learn. We act bottom-up, considering a holistic view on managing risks at Booking.com.
- Coordinate process and control owners to understand risks within their domain, and supporting them in determining optimal controls to mitigate risks;
- Identify controls based on risks for compliance areas in each of the IT and business processes;
- Support continuous improvement, maintaining our Booking.com controls catalogue, by providing general and technical guidance on how to maintain relevant controls;
- Monitor and report on the timeliness and effectiveness of control execution by IT and the business.
- Three to five years of experience in IT compliance or IT audit;
- CISA certification or similar (e.g. RE) preferred;
- General technical and process knowledge with regard to operating systems, applications and databases (e.g. Windows, Linux and MySQL);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to bring people together to solve issues;
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, assess and resolve problems effectively;
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken;
- Enthusiastic, self-starting, able to work independently and enjoy new initiatives;
- Collaborate and support colleagues across the organization, while still able to work independently.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996,
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top