IT Business Applications Engineer
Booking.com is looking for an IT Business Applications Engineer. In this role you are responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and integrating applications that are critical to business operations and employees productivity. You will take part in exciting projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing tremendous growth, where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required.
As an IT Business Applications Engineer you will:
- Participate in all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and hand-over to support key-users for assigned projects;
- Evaluate, design, install, configure and deploy new applications, systems software, products, enhancements and upgrades to existing applications throughout the organization;
- Show a strong knowledge of both the technical and the functional side of applications;
- Own customer issues from beginning-to-end resolution;
- Write advanced scripts and play an active role in integrating applications to improve user experience of a large, and growing user base;
- Optimize and monitor the applications for maximum performance and scalability;
- Understand business processes and suggest ways to improve the current ones;
- Create advanced scripts to satisfy business automation use cases where needed;
- Pro-actively engage with stakeholders, including product owners, managers, internal employees, partner companies and suppliers;
- Work in a fast moving and agile environment.
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Extended knowledge and substantial experience in designing, implementing and supporting end-to-end enterprise level applications, including SaaS technologies;
- Experienced in deploying SaaS within large organizations;
- Advanced scripting and API integration experience;
- Understanding of server, database and application architectures, scalability, reliability and security concepts;
- Experienced in monitoring cloud services;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Business minded, focused on data;
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits and a relocation package if needed.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a IT Business Applications Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top