IT Branch Deployment Engineer
IT Branch Deployment Engineer
We are looking for an IT Branch Deployment Engineer to be based in our office in Bellevue, WA who is enthusiastic about traveling to AMAS locations and build up the IT infrastructure in new offices from scratch as well as fixing breakages and performing upgrades in existing offices worldwide. As an IT Branch Deployment Engineer you will interface with a wide range of stakeholders, suppliers and other interested parties both internally and externally, locally and remotely and across cultures.
In this role you will work within the IT Branch Team in AMAS providing on-site support and deployment of all office infrastructure. You will initiate the technical implementation on that site, supporting the IT Branch Deployment Manager reporting to the IT Branch Team Leader. You will also provide technical support for local staff (e.g. in the use of telephony solutions and other IT services). 50% of the time you will be traveling to AMAS locations to do these implementations and 50% of your time you will be supporting the Amsterdam based team in other exciting IT Projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create deployment documentation including Rack Layouts and Wireless RF Plans;
- Create technical kit lists (to include components and hardware) and confirm all equipment arrives on site as planned;
- Racking, stacking and physical patching of routers and switches (according to diagrams created by you);
- Ensure consistent cable management from switch to patch panel
- Install, configure and hand over connected devices and PDU's to Network Engineers and troubleshoot connectivity issues where required;
- Planning, deploying and certification of WIFI Networks using Ekahau
- Provide support for server OS installs and desktop imaging;
- Test internet services provided by local providers (layer 3 type i.e. SDSL/ADSL);
- Test UPS installations together with IT support team;
- Test physical failure scenarios onsite together with network team;
- Provide Pre and Post Deployment plans to the Branch Technician Team Leader;
- Help with troubleshooting and fix breakages of installations in the Americas office locations;
- 2+ years of experience deploying new IT infrastructure in office environments, including the server rooms;
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing breakages in the office IT infrastructure including the server rooms;
- Thorough understanding of different types of network and power cabling;
- Ability to configure PDUs and UPSs;
- Thorough understanding of different network appliances, and protocols;
- Experience in dealing with ISPs;
- A self-starter who is able to work both within a team and individually as required;
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain a professional outlook regardless of the situation;
- Excellent communications skills in English both verbal and written.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
Visa sponsorship is only available under specific circumstances
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a IT Branch Deployment Engineer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top