iOS Developer - Wallet & Rewards
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Who we are and what is our mission as a unit?
Payments are an ever-changing, complex, competitive and extremely exciting industry. More than ever before, in order to accomplish Booking.com's mission ("making it easier for everyone to experience the world"), we need to offer a frictionless payment experience. In that context, the Payments department is in charge of creating delightful payment experiences for bookers and merchants alike, and help internal clients (Accommodations, Transportation, Attractions, ...) grow their businesses.
Wallet & Rewards : Our mission is to create an ecosystem that enables teams to create value to our customers & partners by offering them incentives to experience the world with Booking.com. Thanks to the Wallet we can offer to our customers an array of different products, each with its specific purpose and identifiable use case:
- Travel Credits : Credits issued into a wallet with a specific currency. They can be spent by the customer in any amount and in any booking for a payment by booking property when the customer chooses to pay now.
- Cash Credits : As travel credits but the customer can also choose to withdraw their cash credits into a supported credit card.
- Instant discount Credits : They are automatically applied during the payment step of the booking process assuming the customer chooses to pay now. Only applicable to payment by booking properties.
- Refund Vouchers : An item issued with a specific value that can be used by the customer during the payment step of the booking process for which the specific value is applied in its entirety. Only applicable to payment by booking properties
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You'll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and implementing broader changes to our mobile app.
As iOS developer you will:
- Own the customer experience for the wallet products on apps (maintaining parity with the desktop features)
- Develop new features for our iOS products
- Optimise UI for performance
- Monitor and understand customer behaviour
- Build native iOS components
- Solve issues prioritising based on customer impact
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within iOS platform
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Objective-C and other languages
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, Cocoa and Xcode
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Have built an approved store App
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top