iOS Developer - Trip Foundations
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Who we are and what is our mission as a unit?
Are you curious about the complexities in discovering and leveraging Travel deals or promotions while planning your trips? By the fragmentation of information and the varying levels of trust in the different promotions and discounts while planning a trip or traveling? We know that travel means more than booking a hotel room or flight. The places you visit, the things you see, the people you meet; there are countless moments that shape every travel experience. Our Trip Credit & Discounts team under Trip Foundations org is responsible for building the customer experience in the area of promotional product, monetary value and service exposure in a consistent way across the Trip lifecycle.
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As an App developer in the Trip Credit & Discount team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You'll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and implementing broader changes to our mobile app.
The role is very important because having promotions and deals that are transparent, compelling, competitive and personalized to customers Trip is at the core of the company strategy and being a mobile app first is the way to go.
As iOS developer you will:
- Develop new features for our iOS products
- Optimize UI for performance
- Monitor and understand customer behavior
- Build native iOS components
- Solve issues prioritizing based on customer impact
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within iOS platform
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Lead the modular effort and implementation to deliver reusable promo UX components for multiple-product vertical funnels.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Objective-C and Swift
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, Cocoa and Xcode
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Have built an approved store App
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top