It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and the most varied selection of properties.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth's #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travellers and the accommodation partners.
You will be joining the Chains track , which is responsible for developing solutions for hotel chains' guests using Booking.com app. You will get an opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team and use our A/B testing platforms to run experiments in many different parts of the guest experience like Search, Property Page, Book Process and Confirmation page.
In this team, you'll be responsible for the user experience in the entire Booking.com iOS app, from the onboarding screen until when they're leaving a review after their trip.
- Shows a high quality of craftsmanship.
- Owns the execution of technical and user interface elements in the Booking.com stack, products and processes.
- Splits large tasks in manageable and decoupled steps.
- Estimates and prioritises based on the implementation effort and customer impact.
- Collaborates with other app developers, backend developers, product owners, and quality specialists, to constantly improve customer experience.
- Ensures the utmost high quality of the Booking.com app in production, by monitoring crashes, firefighting incidents and solving bugs.
- Contributes to the processes that support the release of new features for the entire company, such as the release process, the build process, etc.
- Contributes to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Objective-C and Swift
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, Cocoa and Xcode
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Have built an approved store App
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- Interest to grow into a management path
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.