At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You'll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and implementing broader changes to our mobile app.
As iOS developer you will:
- Develop new features for our iOS products
- Optimize UI for performance
- Monitor and understand customer behavior
- Build native iOS components
- Solve issues prioritizing based on customer impact
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within iOS platform
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Objective-C and other languages
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, Cocoa and Xcode
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Have built an approved store App
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department offers training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
Back to top