Internal Communications Manager
As an Internal Communication Manager for the People department, you are responsible for providing strategic communication, leadership, guidance and execution within the Booking.com People Department. This is a great role for somebody who's excited to test the limits of "traditional" Internal Communication and drive business success through employee engagement.
In this role you will build awareness of the People Department’s ambitions throughout the business and you will inspire and secure the commitment of the People Department teams to deliver on these ambitions. Via creative and engaging employee communication strategies tailored for our People employees you will ensure Booking.com employees feel supported through any People related process, change or product implementation.
You bring proven communication experience, have previously built internal campaigns and have supported internal stakeholders to deliver on communication initiatives across an international, multi-office environment. Sitting in the Global Internal Communication Team, you will report to the Global Internal Communication Manager. This role is based in our Global HQ in Amsterdam.
- Work closely with People teams to develop and deliver creative, engaging and impactful communication strategies for the People Department, linking the People Department roadmap to the ambitions and culture of the whole business
- Provide strategic communication and change management guidance to the Chief People Officer and the People Leadership Team
- Oversee the creation impactful communication plans tied to People priorities, including Learning & Talent, Communities, Recruitment, HR Operations, Compensation and Benefits, and other People teams.
- Design and implement People campaigns to increase awareness of key HR-driven programs and initiatives that shape the employee experience and impact engagement.
- Coach and guide People teams on communications best practices, strategies and processes.
- Quickly evaluate and capitalize on timely People communication opportunities.
- Continually incorporate the latest technologies and best practices to amplify People communication.
- Support the production of communication collateral, including newsletters, fact sheets, FAQs, Web and social media sites, and events for employees and stakeholders.
- Actively source, measure and present employee feedback to People Leadership Team in order to adjust their communication for impact and employee engagement
- Collaborate with Internal Communication colleagues and communicators across Booking.com to promote global, People-related communications
- 8+ years’ experience in internal or external communications, developing and executing strategic communication plans
- Working in a high/hyper growth technical company, helping to focus communication initiatives
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills in English
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to translate business strategies into practical solutions that optimize communication channels
- Ability to influence and align stakeholders and define clear goals and progress
- Ability to work independently to plan and prioritize workload in line with business needs
- Strong employee experience focus and proactive attitude
- Knowledge of community management practices on collaborative platforms
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Internal Communications Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top