At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we've been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we're building a platform that connects all parts of the trip - from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
From our HQ in Manchester, our Transportation team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they're always ready for change.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Booking.com core values
- Think customer first
- Succeed together
- Own It
- Learn Forever
- Do the Right Thing
- Implement and support our Mitel Unified Communications tools, to improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of Booking.com products; experience with cisco or UC vendors would also be great.
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available Unified Communications systems, and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again;
- Build effective monitoring and alerting solutions to monitor the health of systems, and take the lead in handling outages;
- Support the design of our systems to work across our multinational data centres;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage yourself and your workload to deliver against agreed timescales
- Demonstrable skills in Mitel administration and troubleshooting for telephony, chat and email
- Experience with operating and supporting complex and scalable Contact Centre systems
- Understanding of related UC technologies such as Redbox Call Recording and/or Teleopti
- Familiarity with virtualization and private cloud technologies
- Additional experience in Networking, Security or Storage is a plus
- Be able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics
- Creative and not afraid to step outside the comfort zone
- 25 vacation days (rising to 28) to go exploring
- Generous accommodation and car rentals discount, so you can explore for less
- Huge learning and development platform tailored to you
- Shopping and leisure discounts through Perkbox
- Interest free travel loans/discounted car parking
- Competitive maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Flexible working, including working from home
- Mental health first-aiders and free face-to-face support
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- An exciting and dynamic place to work