HR Technology Manager
The Manager, HR Technology (internally referred to as People Technology) is responsible for driving the strategic direction of global HR systems, and providing leadership and consulting to our most critical projects. This includes leading the HRIS team in design, testing and development of the information systems that support employee journeys at Booking.com. This role ensures that system solutions deliver a world class employee experience and drive adoption of HR (People) Technology amongst employees and managers. This role reports to the HR Services function within the People Department and influences and consults on strategic plans across the People Department. The incumbent in this position will provide ongoing mentoring on continuous improvement to employee and manager experience driven by HR Technology.
- Leads analysis on costs and long term implications of technology decisions, and ensures technology recommendations using considerations that include external People Technology best practices and internal business impacts.
- Partners with IT services, HR Operations & Payroll, People Product, HRBPs and Centers of Excellence to deliver on the HR (People) Technology roadmap
- Creates, maintains, and aligns leadership on the technology strategy and multi-year roadmap.
- Translates the technology strategic plan into Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that can be used to measure progress and demonstrate business impact to the organization.
- Responsible for attracting, leading and developing a high performing People team of Product Analysts, Developers, Configuration Specialists and Integration Specialists.
- Drive the vision for optimizing the use and ongoing maintenance of current systems.
- Ensure the HR (People) Technology strategy is linked to business and People strategies. Partner with senior People leaders in developing short and long-range plans by synchronizing their plans with the longer term strategy and identifying areas of risk, exposure, and benefit.
- Benchmark best practices, HR (People) Technology including workforce analytics technology; Perform research and internal analysis of business and technical strategies to inform HR (People) Technology decisions and recommend technologies to enable strategic outcomes.
- Lead and support the HR activities within the indirect procurement processes for onboarding new vendors and expanding existing contracts.
- Develop and deliver compelling technology and strategy presentations to non-technical and technical audiences; effectively communicate the HR (People) Technology strategy with key stakeholders.
- Leads projects to extend global integrated talent management solutions, improve the leverage of technology investments, and support the implementation of technology for talent analytics and insight.
- Identify and remove barriers on projects, and where necessary advise and influence senior level leaders on risks and issues. Ensure that projects meet business requirements, and are completed on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Drive improved decision making, and lead others to develop goals and initiatives that improve productivity or effectiveness with measureable outcomes. Facilitate fact-based, decision making meetings which drive technology investments and system improvements.
- Develop and execute on a roadmap to integrate global data through multiple sources to enable HR (People) Technology and workforce analytics.
- Partners with Risk and Compliance teams to ensure that our systems and processes adhere to global privacy and security standards and guideline
- Leads and engages in incident response in the case of a data breach of employee data.
- 6-8 years' demonstrated experience in HRIS/HR Systems/ HR Technology Management supporting business driven solutions, preferably in start-up environments that are in hyper-growth mode.
- 4-5 years' experience delivering successfully in Agile environments.
- 4-5 years' solid knowledge of Workday and/or other cloud based solutions.
- 3-4 years' demonstrated employee experience design resulting in business impact.
- Expert knowledge of HR and business metrics, financial acumen, organizational awareness
- Strong leadership skills, including communication, decision making, facilitation and influence at all levels
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines while leading cross-functional teams in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and effectively apply new skills.
- Strong product design and business impact orientation that places high value on customer satisfaction, confidentiality, and quality of work
- Extremely strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Proven expertise managing vendor/supplier relationships, including contract negotiation, ongoing maintenance and support and problem-resolution.
- Must have the ability to determine needs, identify solutions, obtain buy in and support, and implement solutions
- Highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a HR Technology Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top