HR Specialist – German
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized HR Specialist to strengthen our HR team in Berlin. You will provide assistance to different HR colleagues based in Berlin and in Amsterdam Headquarters, and most importantly to our Customer Service employees. You will need to be proactive, able to perform a wide variety of administrative tasks and be a people person who likes to help others and collaborate efficiently with all your stakeholders.
This role is ideal for an active, responsible and accurate person who pays attention to details and likes to interact with people. Our HR department at Booking.com is dynamic, fast paced. We are a team that goes the extra mile and are dedicated to deliver the best service to our employees. We are always willing to help each other and communicate across different channels in order to maintain our excellent working relationships and we need to be flexible to adapt to a continual changing environment.
You will report to the Regional HR Operations team lead in Amsterdam and you will be part of the HR team that supports MEA, Southern, Eastern and Central Europe. We are constantly striving for efficiency, improving our processes and are keen to maximize all ideas in order to add value to the service we deliver. Overall, if you like administrative tasks, are pro-active, people person, have an eye for detail and a positive approach then please read more:
This role is based in Berlin and is full-time (40h/week).
- Performing local administrative tasks such as:
- Checking the HR Mailbox;
- Printing contracts and documents, as well as making sure they are signed and distributed to the all responsible managers;
- Delivering the contracts to new employees on the first day and also any contract changes to employees;
- Scanning and filling the elect copy of all the HR documents
- Handling the email inbox for new hires in order to answer all their questions and collect all their documentation;
- Handling all absences requests via ticketing system;
- Collecting, tracking and ensuring corresponding actions are taken in regard to sick notes;
- Support in tracking and reporting long term illness/absenteeism;
- Preparing documents and certificates when requested – all the confirmation letters, warning letters, reference letters, etc;
- Ensuring we collect on time, store and maintain employees files;
- Organizing employee’s electronic file and maintaining them in a compliant manner;
- Liaise with managers and external provider to have all necessary files up to date;
- Managing employees files and data in a confidential manner;
- Managing employment documents requests and other special documents;
- First point of contact for employment documents requests from employees and managers;
- Supports stakeholders and HR colleagues with data collection, HR information;
- Coordinates collection and storage of information when requested;
- Experience on an administrator role with similar tasks;
- Fluent English and German speaker and writer
- Attention to detail and well organized;
- Good communication skills, self-confident and positive;
- Able to multitask and feel comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment;
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member;
- Confidential in dealing with sensitive matters;
- Proactive, able to prioritize and work under pressure;
- Flexibility to travel at least twice a year to Amsterdam.
The hiring company Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Germany. Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is looking for a HR Specialist - German. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top