We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to strengthen the existing HR team. You will provide HR advice and support to our Customer Service business in Cambridge; operational HR support to the line managers and the employees within your account. You will need to be proactive, able to perform a wide variety of /tasks and be passionate about adding value to your business partners. You will join our rapidly growing and successful company, in a fast paced role and exciting environment.
You will report to the Regional HR Manager in Amsterdam and work closely together with local business colleagues and the other HR Business Partner on site (dotted reporting line). You will be part of the HR team supporting the UK, Ireland, Benelux and Nordics region.
- Work closely with the business to create an environment where people can do their best work.
- Be the trusted partner for your account, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to team leaders in all aspects of HR;
- Be proactive in identifying people issues and trends within the business and work together with your key stakeholders in order to formulate and implement solutions;
- Handle operational issues such as absence and performance management within your accounts, and work with your key stakeholders to resolve these;
- Work closely with your manager and HR colleagues, to contribute to HR projects, and provide ideas and suggestions;
- Work with the HR Services Team to ensure compensation and benefits are coordinated and administered accurately within your accounts;
- Keep up to date with legal requirements for your accounts, providing suggestions for changes.
- As an HR Team you are co-responsible for Talent Management activities within your region (developing internal talent and bringing in external talent);
- Implement global HR initiatives and ensure that local activities are aligned to the global HR strategy;
- Provide professional, written and oral, legal advice to the business on reasonably complex legal issues (e.g. disciplinary, organizational changes, employment legislation, internal documents, etc);
- Implementation of new requirements by law (e.g. working hours recording);
- In cooperation with HR Business Partner control the transparency and the relationship between company and Governmental bodies to protect shareholders interest and ensure the full compliance with the law (e.g. disability law);
- Support the HR Business Partner if required and contribute to strategic HR solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with HR within an international company, ideally in a multi-site context;
- Preferably experience in a commercial environment;
- Analytical and solution-oriented: capable of digging into detail and keeping the helicopter view at the same time;
- Experience with or a proven interest in labor law;
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders within the organization;
- Proactive, data-driven, uses initiative, able to multi-task and prioritize, without close supervision;
- Flexible and able to cope well with change;
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus;
- Mobile: the job will require regular travel to London (on average twice per month) and on average on quarterly basis travel to Amsterdam.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our fast growing company. To find out more about Booking.com and apply directly please visit the link above and apply with your English cv and cover letter.
The hiring company Booking.com Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in United Kingdom. Booking.com Ltd. is looking for a HR Generalist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top