HR Business Partner – Chicago
Booking.com is one of the world's largest e-commerce companies, and the number one destination to book any type of accommodation. Our mission is to empower people to experience the world. Helping us do this is a diverse community of over 17,000 employees across 198 global offices, all connected by a love of travel and a passion for creating the perfect customer experience.
We are proud of our employees and now looking for a passionate Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) with a calling for service to join our team in the Americas region.
This HRBP will be based in our downtown Chicago office.
The Human Resources Business Partner provides counsel, coaching, facilitation of training and project management aligned to lead the people agenda in support of business performance. The role requires business acumen, relationship savvy, cultural awareness, change management, regulatory awareness, consultative skills, customer service orientation and functional human resources expertise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Partner to the Business:
- Focused on maximizing people capability and organizational effectiveness through expert consultation.
- Trend analysis - Proactive assessment and identification of people issues and opportunities via data and scenario analysis supported with formulation and presentation of solutions in partnership with HR colleagues, leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Oversight of talent initiatives for assigned clients
- Performance – Review, messaging, improvement
- Development - PDPs, training, experiential assignments
- Talent needs - Workforce assessment, succession plans
Employee relations leader:
- Manages issue intake, investigation and path to resolution efficiently and to minimize risk.
- Facilitation of targeted developmental, cultural, people systems / processes, compliance and other curricula. Bullet: emphasis on building managerial capabilities.
- Active participant in talent selection for all supervisory and above roles for client groups.
Workplace culture champion
- Represents the cultural cornerstones of the company such as humility, innovation, experimentation, customer focus, diversity and integrity. Reinforces our Unique Deal and supports our compensation philosophy. Works closely with site leaders to ensure the best possible employee experience.
- Executes as a member of the Booking.com global People community, aligning to and fully supporting company initiatives and team commitments.
- 5 to 8 years+ of professional human resources experience in a fast-paced
- Commitment to academic excellence and continuous learning as illustrated by completion of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources and certifications such as a PHR or SPHR.
- Service or hospitality industry experience beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in execution of people initiatives focused on business priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals, plans and resolve problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Capable consultant - proven ability to leverage data and trend analysis to identify issues then advise on path to improvement or solutions.
- Engaging and professional style that supports teamwork and putting others forward.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and capable of adapting and responding to changing situations.
- Solutions focused, creative and flexible, able to cope well with and lead teams through change.
- Experience working with senior leadership, self-confident, and capable in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organization.
- Up to 50% domestic and some international travel is to be expected in this role.
- Currently authorized to work in the U.S.
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a HR Business Partner - Chicago. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top