Group Technical Program Manager - Security Operations
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
We are looking for a Group Technical Program Manager to join our Technology department at our Amsterdam headquarters. The role will be focused on risk and compliance with the likely potential to grow into other areas within Booking.com.
As a Group Technical Program Manager you will be responsible for defining program roadmaps and identifying and communicating future risk.
You will visibility and proactive communication around the scope, status and delivery of complicated programs and critical projects, ensuring the right level of process is established whilst managing the roadmap, ensuring updates, risks and dependencies are captured and shared appropriately.
- Set the strategy (incl. Standards, guidelines) for Program Management in Security
- Oversee programs and ensure on time, in scope, on quality delivery
- Ensure high level oversight of intra department programs:
- Work with Technology leads to define technology projects scope, dependencies, and ultimately, the development plan;
- Work with Program Managers and Capability Leads to proactively monitoring project progress, dependencies, risks and issues;
- Proactively communicate status and resolve issues, initiate solutions to problems as they arise;
- Support Product Managers in representing Security to teams you are delivering services to;
- Organize, promote and implement effective programmatic initiatives to help teams deliver better services;
- Ensure the delivery of new products or services meets or exceeds expectation relating to quality and usability, using project goals and definitions you helped develop as a baseline;
- Work with Pillar leads and Capability leads to ensure teams have enough people to deliver as planned as part of your day to day tracking and project monitoring duties;
- When necessary, work with 3rd party contributors and ensure seamless integration into the development process;
- Manage communications with all stakeholders, internal to the team and across the department as well as with customers and external stakeholders outside the department;
- Manage dependencies between multiple technical projects, support teams in mitigating issues;
- Track, communicate and help manage risks to ensure the successful outcome of technical projects and initiatives
- Strong experience as a Technical Program Manager for complex global programs
- Consistent successful track record of delivering multiple large-scale projects
- Understanding and exposure to SOX compliance
- Strong customer service focus, ability to influence technology teams and multiple stakeholders through data and the best case practises
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse teams, across the organization
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Please note: this position is open to applicants worldwide. We successfully relocated over 300 Technology professionals to Amsterdam last year!
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is declarative to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, neurodiversity, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top