Booking's Payments organization is seeking a sharp, talented and energetic Senior Technical Program Manager to build a Payments platform that delivers against an ambitious roadmap of business objectives.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong TPM background, with demonstrated experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects, and will have a deep technical background in e-commerce, Payments architecture and billing systems development. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and help drive change.
As a Group TPM, your core responsibility would be to support growth and development of Technical Program Managers as they drive planning, prioritization and program execution to ensure high availability of our Payments organization . An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Knowledge of the following is required service-oriented architecture, product development, build processes, agile project management, release schedules.
- Be the driving force that collaborates with business and technical teams across Booking to make sure your teams deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all the while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Interact with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- The ability to slice through ambiguity and drive clarity where confusion exists; leveraging technical expertise with strong business acumen
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization, identify inefficient processes or waste and redirect resources as necessary
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Insatiable curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still being aggressive
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor's degree or related technical field
- 10+ years relevant work experience, including technical program management experience in Financial Technology firms or Payments technology divisions
- 3+ years of experience as a People Manager
- Experience managing an organization of program managers, including building and growing the team
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs or products from inception to delivery, and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return, etc
- Experience structuring an organization that optimizes for execution, including attracting talent and building out gaps in the existing team
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones