Group Product Manager - SEO
As Group Product Manager for SEO at booking.com, sitting within our performance marketing organisation in Amsterdam you'll be responsible for a dynamic and fast moving SEO organisation. Not only will you have a strong head for Product, you'll be the go to company wide expert for SEO best practices and strategy, pushing us forward with cutting edge ideas and proven processes.
Directly managing three teams, you'll be responsible for delivering growth in a challenging and competitive sector. Critical assessment of priorities is paramount for success, including focusing the team
The role centrally positioned between our various business units, so there's no limit on the section of booking.com you may work on. This includes outputs such as SEO Audits, technical assessments and copy guidance through best practice for company wide teams
In this role you will be responsible for numerous high-impact projects aimed at scaling our SEO campaigns and custom tools into new areas, in addition to refining our core offering. You'll also be free to suggest new ideas within SEO, and work independently on your own self started projects.
The output of your work will be used throughout multiple areas of the company including Booking Home, BookingSuite, Transport and our core hotels product. In addition will act as a key central position within the SEO team. You would work closely both with the SEO team, and multiple product teams throughout the company, working in parallel with a team of highly skilled developers and copywriters with complementary skills to drive business growth through SEO.
- Both a thought leader, and expert in all aspects of organic search.
- An expert user of major analytics platforms & industry standard SEO tools.
- Have a strategic level understanding of broader digital performance channels, especially CRO and paid search
- Be a leader, innovator and team management
- Commercially aware and have cross channel integration and new business experience
This role will be responsible for helping drive organic traffic growth through careful research, analysis and evaluation of our current and future landing pages, website structure and website. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge of technical SEO, truly enjoys working with numbers, large volumes of data, and is a natural problem-solver.
You will have the opportunity to make a big impact as we take SEO pretty seriously, being one of our biggest traffic drivers. You'll collaborate with the marketing, product and tech teams (all are in-house), while working on a world class platform built for SEO success.
Be humble. Be yourself.
- 8+ years SEO experience
- 4+ years e-commerce SEO experience in a competitive sector
- Direct line management experience
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Exemplary soft skills, critical understanding of team motivations and personality types.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to empower others to reach success
- Product management expertise, including team scoping and launch
- Strong experience with international Search engines - such as (Yandex, Baidu, 360, Daum, Naver, Yahoo Japan)
- Expert with Google Analytics, or other industry standard analytics packages
- Proven track record of strategic SEO methods and ideas.
- Experience on websites generating over 1M natural search visits daily, and over 300k URLs.
- Industry leading knowledge of SEO best practice for western search engines
- Strong knowledge of search engine penalty avoidance
- Knowledge of Hadoop / MySql is an advantage
- Python experience is an advantage
- Public speaking experience, such as trade shows or events is an advantage
What's in it for you?
The Group Product Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Trainings, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Back to top