Group Product Manager - Horizontal Business Services - Order Platform
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Booking.com is one of the world's largest and most successful e-commerce services, and requires a world class software platform for its products and services.
As a Group Product Manager for Horizontal Business Units, you're ultimately responsible for ensuring that we envision and build the backbone of the e-commerce platform. You'll lead engineering teams through the research, design, and development of the business-critical software services that can power any product vertical and that enable our product teams across all business units and companies to ship travel products at scale to our customers.
You will drive platform product vision, direct strategic initiatives and the creation of product roadmaps in collaboration with your engineering teams and the engineering Product Managers in your area. You focus not only on delivering against today's technology requirements, but also thinking big to pioneer the innovations that will change the future of eCommerce.
Our vision is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. Wherever our customers go and whatever they do, they book it with us. With over 1.5 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5 million + accommodations worldwide, our daily mission is to make travel, experience and exploration accessible for everyone, everywhere.
You take full end to end responsibility for your product and your platform.
- Develop and own the long-term product vision and inspire your teams and Product Managers to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- Identify platform opportunities and establish a strategy and roadmap to make the vision a reality.
- Drive regular and periodic reviews of these roadmaps across product, engineering and relevant stakeholders (finance, legal etc.) sharing product vision and gathering feedback and high level prioritization .
- Support Product Managers in translating customer insights, company direction, industry developments into teams' long- and short- term priorities.
- Ensure Product Managers deliver well-written, detailed user stories with clear acceptance criteria .
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and develop product requirements.
- Because your work is data-driven, you will define key business and success metrics, track them, and integrate learnings' back into the organization and product plan.
- Benchmark our platform against industry standards and competitors for cost, innovation, and operational excellence.
- Drive the customer experience, continually raising the bar on quality, functionality and usability.
- Mentor and guide the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management, Engineering or Technology Strategy role.
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in engineering, computer science or a related discipline is preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and architectures, balance trade-offs, continuously assess compliance, business, and technical risks, as well as evaluate new ideas and understand the industry trends.
- Experience with managing and coaching teams of Product Managers as direct reports.
- Previous hands-on experience with cloud technologies is a big plus.
- Previous hands-on experience with designing and building large scale software products/systems is a big plus.
- Proven experience of creating and leading strategic initiatives in e-commerce technology at scale is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills are required - Being able to both communicate effectively both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results. Proven ability to drive alignment with business and product leaders on Booking's strategy and plan to accelerate delivery of the right go-forward enterprise architecture with a platform product in mind.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong organisational and project management skills - Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers).
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
What's in it for you?
This position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Back to top