Global Sr. Quality Specialist
Every day, more than 1.000.000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels. Our global Customer Service (CS) team consists of 6500 people across the world, working in one of our 17 contact centers, representing more than 142 nationalities and more than 40 languages. CS is the largest and fastest growing department at Booking.com, with plans to continue growing people and sites in the coming year. At Booking.com we are constantly looking for ways to innovate our customer experience and the quality of the service we deliver. Our Customer Service Team handles all the inbound contacts from our guests and partners. Scaling & driving quality of service is one of our top priorities in CS leadership and broader Booking.com organization.
As Global Quality Senior Specialist it is your responsibility to evaluate our customers' expectations, safeguard Quality standards within Booking.com, drive performance towards our Quality & Customer Experience goals, measure and monitor the ongoing quality of service provided in Customer Services together with our local operations teams. You will work together with a wide-range of stakeholders from our local teams and Quality Executives or Learning & Development & Quality (L&D&Q) Team Leads worldwide to our Global support team stakeholders.
You operate in close cooperation with CS Global Learning & Development & Quality, Operational Excellence, and CS support teams. You create improvement plans together with other leaders from these organizations and develop them together with your stakeholders to drive towards results for our Booking.com priorities.
The key objective of this role is to lead projects and initiatives that partner with your stakeholders to continue to develop our Quality processes, policies, roles and responsibilities and allow us to evolve in a way that improves our Customer Experience and the quality of the service we provide. This objective will be achieved by monitoring and maintaining the Global Quality Management framework overall, using data from customer-focused KPI's, and referencing other performance data and input for a balanced view on how we can improve. To be successful in this role, you must be willing to invest in your stakeholders worldwide to truly understand the different needs we have across such a large and complex worldwide CS organization, and represent their needs as to drive & innovate improvements.
You are: someone who thrives on building deep & meaningful relationships to achieve a balanced view, are analytical and can use data to both understand challenges at a deeper level as well as prioritize by possible impact, process oriented, and understand how internal tools and processes affect the customer experience. You are the link to from the business to the voice of the customer. You use data to prove how to improve the customer experience and are a strong communicator and change ambassador.
- Responsible for continued innovation of QM methods within Quality team.
- Monitors, implements and reviews process and procedures for the Quality Team, initiating and driving improvements.
- Drives overall Global Quality of service performance & improvement plans with CS Operational stakeholders & Global Support teams
- Builds solid working relationships and provides feedback to management and CS Learning & Development & Quality (L&D&Q) teams
- Leads by example, is an excellent mentor, assists other CS Global Support teams in the development & innovation in Quality of Service where needed
- Be an effective Change Manager, knows how to handle periods of change and lead through such periods, and displays motivating and encouraging behaviors.
- Facilitates workshops and sessions that driving behaviors & performance consistently in the regions in line with CS vision & objectives.
- Demonstrated track record of defining and executing Quality Management & Process improvement initiatives, designing and maintaining score cards for Omni-channel as well as can evidence having led implementation of those initiatives from start to finish.
- The ideal candidate understands CS operational environments and continuous improvement cycles with very high problem solving and organizational skills, with ability to simplify complex areas into specific action areas and drive results..
- Focused on the Customer Experience and capable of being a champion for our customer and Quality of Service topics, while balancing business impact and actionable recommendations.
- Good communicator with a proactive & positive attitude with the ability to work with, influence & inspire, as well as align with many stakeholders.
- Flexible and capable to find the right balance between achieving best of class Quality of Service & delivering solutions at the right time for the organization.
- Energized by being a part of a fast-paced environment such as we have at Booking.com
- Experience within Customer Service willing & able to undertake international travel inside and outside of the EU, expected 10-15% of time.
- Desired but not required: COPC certification, ISO accreditation, and Project Management (PMP or Prince2 methodologies preferred) but not required.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Global Sr. Quality Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top