GL Accountant – Payments
Booking.com B.V. in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing accommodation markets. Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? Do you have experience in General Ledger Accounting? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you, take charge of your career and apply now!
For the Payments team, we are looking for an enthusiastic General Ledger Accountant. The Payment team supports Booking.com in facilitating payments from guest to accommodation. The focus of this position is to make sure the accurate and timely accounting for any payments product that is being developed at Booking.com. To support the rapid growth and developments of Payments, you will have the opportunity to implement new processes and contribute towards a high level of innovation for existing processes. Your critical mindset, ability to multi-task and clear communication with different stakeholders is therefore crucial in supporting further roll-outs.
It is important that this candidate has experience with general ledger accounting and is comfortable with complex (SOx) reconciliations. SAP, project related experience and ability to work with cross functional teams is preferable. This position will report into the (Junior) Payment Controller
- Maintain part of the general ledger of Booking.com BV
- Closely involved in daily and monthly closing including posting of journal entries, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis
- Prepare Balance sheet, P&L and FX exposure analysis
- Preparation of monthly closing reports and reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the (Junior) Controller
- Proactively assist and support in covering all compliance requirements including SOx
- Be actively involved in continuous process improvements and innovations
- Regular contact with banks and payment service providers
- Build relationship with internal stakeholders to ensure priorities are clear and consistent and information is complete and accurate
- Help the team to meet and exceed the department goals;
- Managing ad hoc accounting and operational assignments;
- The tasks and responsibilities may change over time.
- 2+ years of (general ledger) accounting experience;
- Bachelor degree or higher;
- In position of, or willing to study for a relevant accounting degree like ACCA;
- Excel power user, VBA is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English;
- Experience with SAP is preferred;
- Strong accounting skills and solid financial background (bookkeeping / accounting);
- Enthusiastic, proactive and full of initiatives;
- Can do mentality;
- Creative and critical thinker;
- Experience with process improvement or automation;
- Analytical and accurate with good attention to detail;
- Being able to cope with dynamic and high change environment;
- Being able to prioritize;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation and discipline;
- Team and service oriented approach;
- Only candidates living in the Netherlands will be considered;
- Only candidate with a valid work permit/ search year permit for the Netherlands will be considered!
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a GL Accountant - Payments. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top