GL Accountant – EMEA
Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? Do you have experience in General Ledger Accounting? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you, take charge of your career and apply now!As a GL Accountant you will join our Global Accounting Team in our office in Amsterdam. You will report to the Team Lead and work closely together with other departments in our Amsterdam office. The tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. B.Responsible:
- Complete the monthly closing process for various entities within EMEA, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation
- Review and perform variance analysis on balance sheet and profit and loss accounts during the closing procedures
- Support payroll team with monthly processes and review the payroll journals and supporting documentation
- Work closely with external providers (local accountants) to ensure that the organization is compliant with the local regulations
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze financial information and prepare reports so that stakeholders have accurate and timely information for making business decisions. These reports may include financial statements and regulatory filings such as VAT and corporate income tax declarations.
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Participate in projects relating to improvement of our financial procedures and systems.
- Proactively work to ensure all compliance requirements are met in a timely manner, i.e. various tax filings, statutory and statistical filings and audits
- Be a team a player and work collectively to establish the most effective finance processes
- Embrace and rapidly adapt to change to our dynamic work environment
- Minimum 1-3 years of Accounting experience
- Takes ownership for responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful with strong work ethic
- Solution-oriented and result-driven
- Capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Fluent in English
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a GL Accountant - EMEA. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top