GL Accountant – APAC
We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
If you would like to be part of a truly international company and finance team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
In this role you be based in our Singapore office and will report directly to the APAC Controller in Singapore.
The role involves interaction with business managers, functional teams, head office in Amsterdam and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organisation, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Maintain general ledger for some of Booking.com Asia Pacific entities, including expense declarations, fixed assets, accounts payable, bank and salaries;
- Monthly closing process including preparation of journal entries, prepayment and accruals, intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Ensure Booking.com Asia Pacific entities remain compliant with local tax rules and statutory filing requirements;
- Deal with various external and internal parties for both transactional operations and management support
- Assist and co-ordinate statutory audits and annual return of Booking.com Asia Pacific entities;
- Perform analytical review of the monthly fluctuation of BS, PL accounts and monitor cash flow to meet operational needs;
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the Controller;
- Co-ensure all procedures and controls within the Finance department are, and remain, SOX compliant and meet Internal Audit requirements;
- Working closely with the Accounting and AP Team to ensure team objectives are met;
- Initiative in process improvements, innovation and able to work on various projects in an organized and efficient approach
- A minimum of 3 years work exposure experience in a similar position and a minimum of 5 years total work experience;
- Education SPD or Bachelor level;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) preferable;
- Strong accounting skills and solid financial background (bookkeeping / accounting);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to work under pressure and with deadlines;
- Able to organize, prioritize even with multiple tasks at same time
- Proven capability to adapt and remain flexible in an ever changing environment
- Accurate and analytical;
- Fluent in English;
- MS Office skills: good working knowledge of Excel;
- You are already based in Singapore and do not require work pass sponsorship to work in Singapore
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a GL Accountant - APAC. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top