Geo Service Specialist
We are looking for a Geo Service Specialist for our Tokyo office. You will join the Geo Service Team in the Translations and Content Agency, responsible for the creation and curation of a customer-centric location setup.
As a Geo Service Specialist you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving Geo data used on Booking.com. To be successful in this role, you'll have a keen eye for detail, a very thorough, data-driven approach to tasks, excellent research skills as well as strong prioritization and communication skills. The information you provide will be used in very specific formats to fit the structure of different parts of Booking.com products so you should be able to understand customer data, as well as ask the right questions to local or central stakeholders to correctly fulfill your tasks. Previous experience in data operations/processing is a plus.
You will work closely with a number of stakeholders such as Front End-, Marketing-, Agency-, as well as local and central teams in Partner Services.B.responsible
- Create new and curate existing Geo items (such as UFIs/destinations, regions, districts, airports, transport stations, and landmarks) according to local input, stakeholder needs and customer data;
- Source Geo data for ad hoc Front End Geo and Webmarketing projects and experimentation;
- Support the Front End Geo team by validating the quality of third party Geo content;
- Prioritize Geo requests based on impact and importance;
- Research and understand local market needs and translate these into a customer-centric Geo-setup;
- Educate local offices on processes and value of Geo, source local knowledge;
- Identify improvement needs in Geo processes and tools.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive team player;
- Ability to manage workload, projects and processes independently;
- Customer focused and goal oriented;
- Good stakeholder communication and presentation skills;
- An understanding of Webmarketing, SEO, and customer data analysis is desirable;
- Knowledge or familiar with MySQL / web maps services (eg Google, OSM) is a plus;
- Previous experience in (Geo) data operations is a plus;
- As we are not able to provide relocation and work pass, we are prioritizing candidates residing in Japan and eligible to work in Japan without a work pass sponsorship.
The hiring company Booking.com Japan K.K. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Japan. Booking.com Japan K.K. is looking for a Geo Service Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top