Full Stack Software Developer, iOS - Mobile App Marketing
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can make it easier for everyone to experience the world. Join us in our beautiful Amsterdam headquarters and work on planet Earth's #1 accommodation marketplace with the industry's smartest people!
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic iOS Full Stack Software Developer to join us in the App Marketing team in our Amsterdam HQ. In this position you will contribute to our mission to become a #1 travel app in the world . We do that by acquiring new customers, creating high quality landing pages and making it easier for customers to get started with the Booking.com app by providing a smooth onboarding experience and building deep-linking services . This is an exciting opportunity to drive mobile apps as well as backend infrastructure initiatives.
We are a diverse group of people, with lots of passion for quality and doing the right thing. Come join us. You are guaranteed a fun, exciting time.
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You'll be working on implementing larger changes to our mobile app and backend infrastructure as well as do iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles. As a Full Stack iOS Developer you will:
- Develop new features for our iOS app
- Own the execution of technical and user interface elements in the Booking.com stack, products and processes.
- Build native iOS components, and optimise UI for performance
- Work with third-party SDKs (AppsFlyer, Firebase)
- Work with public clouds such as AWS and GCP
- Own and improve our backend infrastructure
- Collaborate with developers, designers and marketers to constantly improve customer experience
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Objective-C and other languages
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Cocoa, Objective-C and Xcode
- Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages, e.g. Java, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken
- You have built approved app store apps, knowledgeable in Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- You are passionate about open source and contribution to it
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work.
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top