We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Customer and Payment Fraud team at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of the Customer and Payment Fraud team, you will be given the opportunity to deliver the solutions for payment fraud, securing the transaction flows and protecting customers from marketing abuse.
The Customer and Payment Fraud area provides protection against chargebacks, marketing abuse (incentives, affiliates, PPC fraud), customer fraud (availability blocking). It supports business units in setting up a secure transaction flow, and ensuring that criminal parties are not able to negatively affect our supply partners, customers or our company.
As a Full-stack Developer, you are responsible for developing world-class, complete web applications, both on the backend and frontend, for monitoring and addressing performance and security, and for developing customer-focused and scalable user experiences. You will work side-by-side with product managers and back end developers to create new features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users. You will:
- Deliver web applications from an idea inception and validation to a scalable solution.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact, and A/B test them.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies.
Understanding the full-stack of web development, from transmission of data segments between networks to presenting a well-strategized experience to users is vitally important in this role. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate discussions, are solutions-oriented, customer focused and believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools. We are looking for:
- Experience working on products that impact a large user base or in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, "can-do" attitude.
- Quick delivery of end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products
- Experience debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren't afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Experience with Customer or Payment Fraud domain is a plus
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.