As a result of continued rapid growth, Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is currently seeking a Workforce Management Forecast Analyst to join the customer service team.
The role of WFM Forecast Analyst is for someone who enjoys change, has a passion for working with numbers and analytics. You also like to connect the dots that lead to the big picture and are able to translate this into actionable business insights. You will be working in a team with two other Forecast Analysts and a Senior Forecaster and will focus on and own a specific part of the forecasting process. You will also lead setting up and designing processes around a forecast that will be developed for a new line of work being handled within the customer service organization. The WFM Forecast Analyst is responsible for the collation of all event data and determining deviations from a time-series forecast. This role will focus on both creating the forecast as well as determining the significance of deviations and their likelihood of repeating in the future. Therefore, analytics are an important part of the role. You should be able to draw insights from raw data and condition these data in such a way that they can be incorporated in forecasting. You will be working with internal forecasting tools, excel and analytics software and Workforce Management software, so experience in WFM and previous forecasting experience would be a pre-requisite. Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Create long term, interim, and short term forecasts in a high volume contact centre environment;
- Set up, maintain and continuously improve forecasting for a new line of work to be handled within the current customer service organization;
- Accurately track customer service center outputs at an activity level as needed for productivity analysis and resource forecasting;
- Maintain and analyze records of actual volumes and workloads compared to forecast, understand reasons for forecast variance, and recommend changes to enhance forecast accuracy;
- Leverage statistical methodologies (regression, correlation, etc.) to establish forecast drivers and evaluate confidence of forecasts;
- Liaise with other Booking.com departments to understand the internal factors that could impact workload and incorporate those factors into the forecast;
- Advise on budget-, staffing- and recruitment issues by translating business- and operational requirements to a strategic plan;
- Work together with the planning team to achieve optimal staffing coverage based on the forecast of workload;
- Provide the broader customer service operation with an accurate forecast of future workload (expected volume and handling time);
- Research and understand global events and the potential for incidental or ongoing impact to forecasted workloads;
- Perform analyses to provide insight into changes in workload and work types and use these to continuously improve the forecasting process;
- Keep a history of events that impact volumes and/or handle times and adjust the forecast to account for these events.
- You are a data-driven person who possesses a strong business sense;
- 3+ years of experience in a WFM role within a Customer Service organization;
- Prefered 2+ years of experience forecasting within a large volume, enterprise-level call centre with inbound or blended workloads;
- Strong knowledge of statistics and the ability to draw business insights from raw data;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in advanced trend analysis, interpreting data, and providing recommendations to drive business decisions;
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, R or other programming languages is an advantage;
- Ability to create and manipulate data modelling and relational database structure for Workforce Management forecasting;
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence databases (e.g, SQL) and to pull data from various sources;
- Strong analysis skills, understanding complex formulas, data transformations, and record keys from multiple sources
- Must be a skilled Excel user, knowledge of VBA scripting is a plus;
- Strong Time management and organizational skills;
- Relevant experience working with WFM-tools.
- Attention to detail;
- Work independently with minimal support;
- Proactive approach;
- Positive attitude;
- Hands on mentality;
- Builds Collaborative Relationships;
- Business Awareness;
- Contributes to continuous improvement;
- Customer Focus;
- Open to change;
- Embrace Teamwork;
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical Focus.
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Forecast Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top