In this role you are part of a dynamic and fast-paced team and will report to the Analytics Manager of the Strategic Partnerships and Business Bookers team. You will be working in our office in Amsterdam. You will be part of the Marketing department and you will also work closely with the global FP&A organization.
You will be required to provide strong strategic advisory and consulting input towards the commercial regional directors and his /her team members who will be your main business partners. You will have to bridge what the (financial) data tell you and how that could help the regional decision making on a wide array of topics.
You will be responsible for forecasting, analyzing and reporting the performance of part of the Booking.com Strategic Partnerships and Business Bookers business. This includes revenues, expenses and other KPIs in all regions globally. You will also be taking ownership for target sales setting for the Commercial Teams, which will involve working closely with Finance, to align top-down expectations and Analytics to provide appropriate reporting. Ad-hoc analyses are part of the scope whenever there is a need from the business.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Be the main analytics business partner to the regional directors and area managers as well as central finance department;
- Own the target setting process for multiple regions; including forecasting sales performance, supporting analytics with reporting and sharing results.
- Contribute to robust, scalable and insightful reporting of the region's key metrics;
- Provide (financial) support and contribution to the regions' strategic decision making;
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing reporting to fit with evolving requests from senior management;
- Work with finance and business teams to accurately report results including explanatory comments;
- Proactively deliver intelligence based on data and support and advise the business partners whenever there is an opportunity;
- Communicate proactively with managers in international markets to understand market/business trends;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires.
- Masters' degree in Business, Finance, or other related field (preferred);
- Strategic mindset and a strong desire to aid to data-driven decision making;
- Excellent business partnering and communication skills;
- A strong drive mentality to aid to problem solving and providing the best analytics possible to the key decision makers in the region
- Financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of SQL, data mining and Microsoft VBA is preferred;
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role;
- Ability to listen, work with and pro-actively advise business partners;
- Sees the headlines whilst having attention for the details;
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently;
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and working in an unstructured environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion;
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Financial Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top