Executive Compensation Manager
Are you an experienced compensation professional, looking for career excitement in an environment with the innovative dynamics of a tech-company, the diversity and wonder of a travel company with the scope of a multinational?
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead executive compensation from our Amsterdam headquarters, reporting to the Sr. Manager Global Compensation.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall management of the executive compensation programs, annual and long-term incentive programs, and any deferred compensation plans while ensuring alignment with Booking.com's overall reward philosophy and business vision. You will be working closely with our Leadership Group, and senior executives within Booking Holdings and external partners. You will provide both operational as well as strategic consultation on executive compensation matters to our senior executives.
The Executive Compensation Manager will design effective executive compensation programs that are externally competitive, fiscally responsible, internally equitable, and that enhance recruitment, retention, engagement and satisfaction. You will manage the design and execution of our global executive compensation plans, direct the annual salary review process and evaluate market data for executive positions.
- Responsible for the continued design development, coordination, execution and communication of all elements of executive compensation programs, including cash and equity programs; ensuring integration and alignment of executive pay with overall reward philosophy and company goals and objectives as well as competitive position in the marketplace.
- Communicate compensation and equity plans to senior executives for all compensation elements, including base pay, incentive and equity plans. Conducts competitive compensation benchmarking research and analysis for executive population. Prepare compensation recommendations for senior leadership positions (internal promotions/new hires) and analyze /update the salary range structure for executive level positions, as necessary.
- Partner with HR Leadership to coordinate Total Rewards alignment to performance management process, leadership development programs, career models, and high potential programs.
- Responsible for the annual CompEval process (annual salary increase/merit) program and promotion for Executives.
- Oversee the final incentive award recommendation process to assure alignment with performance, adherence to budgets, and compliance with approval policies.
- Prepare annual Compensation budget, quarterly forecasts, and work with Executive and Compensation teams on recommendations and allocations.
- Provide business partnership & internal consulting on all compensation issues, including market trends, competitive data, and applicable laws/regulations.
- Provide guidance on escalated and/or complex compensation issues and international transfers
- Monitor the effectiveness of the executive compensation programs, processes and practices, and recommend revisions to ensure equitable and competitive programs.
- Conduct analysis of jobs, salaries, variable pay and other rewards in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the pay practices
- Be the internal consultant and expert for executive compensation best practices, industry trends, legislative regulations, compliance issues, and market competitiveness.
- Monitor dilution impact of Long-Term Incentives and maintain adequate levels of shareholder impact on equity practices.
- 8-12 years of experience in the field of Compensation with a focus on Executive compensation.
- Deep knowledge of the compensation market, trends and tax/accounting/regulatory issues related to executive and equity compensation
- Experience in designing long term incentive and equity plans
- Strong experience in organisational design and strategic workforce management.
- Comfortable and experienced in dealing with Executive presence
- Track record of having worked in a global and truly international company, with significant experience with managing equity programs, preparing board materials and interacting with executive leadership up to and including CEO.
- Enthusiastic collaborator and influencer, to partner with others from HR to leadership, across our regions, and with other departments and achieve results together.
- Strong understanding and capability with database and analysis tools such as Excel, Access, and Workday.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Executive Compensation Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top