Enterprise and Network Security Lead
Booking.com is the 3rd largest ecommerce company in the world and the largest vertical B2C provider in the world. We are looking for the best technically focussed security leaders to join our organisation who can work in a strong team environment to shape our strategy and drive delivery to protect our customers and partners from security threats. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength - it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As lead for Enterprise and Network security you will be responsible for developing critical aspects of the company’s cyber security strategy. The role will be responsible for developing a threat informed strategy and take ownership of roadmap delivery. You will be fully embedded within the Cyber Security Infrastructure teams working on execution and driving intraday decisions to ensure full end to end benefit realisation and ultimately bring the security capabilities of the company to the next level. Being part of the Booking.com security team will provide you with the opportunity to learn and develop your skills in a truly world leading security practice.
- Define the strategy and roadmaps for the Cyber Security teams operating in the Enterprise and Network Security space
- Understand the full breadth of cyber security threats
- Provide data and threat driven insights into improvement opportunities for Booking.com security capabilities
- Manage tradeoffs between tactical priorities and strategic fit
- Define and analyze key metrics (KRI, KPI) to measure performance
- Communicate with other teams and departments across the business to drive Security initiatives end-to-end and support business needs
- Drive engineering teams to deliver impactful results
- 8+ years of experience in the field of Infrastructure Security management
- Be a thought leader who values excellence and is able to deliver on the foundational level and bring innovative and original thinking to the role
- Able to lead through influence and respect, and inspire and motivate people toward excellence
- Hands on experience on Enterprise and Network Engineering operations with an emphasis on security
- Practical experience on securing corporate environments with an emphasis on endpoint security (OSX, Windows, Linux, mobile platforms) and email security
- Expertise on enterprise cloud technologies, office suite and corporate cloud services, and their secure implementation
- Demonstrated experience in researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, assess and resolve problems effectively
- Strong business focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly; highly organized and able to keep track of all moving parts across the domains of responsibility
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to develop consensus across diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a "can do" attitude toward problem solving. Successful experience in working with remote teams is a plus
- Wide knowledge of and experience with common industry frameworks and methodologies and practical experience on pragmatic operation in these areas e.g. NIST CSF; OWASP, SANS; OCSP; Red / Purple Team activities, threat modeling
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoy new initiatives
- Collaborate and support colleagues across the organization, while still able to work independently
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. All references to "Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Enterprise and Network Security Lead in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top