Engineering Manager Quality Engineering - Payments
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners, and people, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. This is a fantastic opportunity for strong QE professionals with automation skills that can craft the long term automation vision from scratch, in line with the business requirements, and produce scenarios that can be replicated across different business areas.
The role of "Engineering Manager - Test" for the PayQuality Team in Payments Horizontal Services is to primarily manage, coach, and develop a test engineering team and strategies, ensuring the development of both are in line with organizational objectives and direction. They will be required to direct all aspects of the test engineering function within the direct reporting line and provide technical guidance and input to ensure modern testing automation practices are embedded into their teams' ways of working. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that talent is identified and developed, any skills gaps are identified in good time to ensure the success of the organization's objectives.
Vision & Critical Thinking
- Set the team's vision, tech strategy, OKRs, SLIs/SLOs, and KPIs
- Deliver strategic goals to improve quality and testing in their teams
- Constructively improve existing ideas, plans, and solutions by reviewing them in a critical yet constructive manner, initiating concrete improvements, and articulating their rationale and guide members of the team in this topic.
- Directly manage quality engineers, quality specialists, and developers
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating
- Nurture, inspire, motivate, grow and develop test engineering talent in the team
- Working closely with different roles across multiple teams: technical writers, SREs, developers, product managers, and team leads
- Working with developers in other teams to understand the business needs and identify the quality requirements
Technology, Craft & Delivery
- Embed automation testing in the development process, where applicable
- Support the CI/CD efforts, proposes test automation tooling and infrastructure, and work with developers to build and maintain it;
- Collaborate with product and engineering leaders to enable effective and efficient delivery
- At least two years of a proven track record of developing automation strategies and driving successful technical initiatives that improved performance and quality
- Being able to experiment with different test frameworks and automation tools, (open-source preferred) and able to choose the right ones according to the different trade-offs;
- Hands-on experience with writing automated tests
- Experience with Java and JUnit is a must
- Experience with Swagger, Citrus, Front end tests is a plus
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing the real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Be part of a truly international fast-paced environment and performance-driven culture;
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment;
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community;
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam last year alone!
Back to top