Direct Debit Specialist (temporary) – German
As a Direct Debit Specialist you will maintain your own account portfolio, contacting hotels via phone, email, requesting to use a different payment method. This, under the reconciliation of compensation owed in accordance to their payment terms, while educating them on the benefits of partnering with us. This position requires an organized team player with good strong communication skills. The role requires either one year experience in collections, customer service, or the travel industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Make pro-active and collection calls, send reminder emails to hotels regarding direct debit.
- Analyze, understand and avoid reasons why hotels are currently not on direct debit.
- Communicate with hotels in various countries as required and bring new and innovative ideas how to improve the payment process by direct debit.
- Follow up with hotels on a recurring basis, building relationships.
- Be proactive in increasing the number of accounts that pay by Direct Debit, where available.
- Utilize various applications and tools such as SAP, Booking.com software.
- Ability to work well with other departments including credit control, finance, customer service.
- Meet departmental expectations/deadlines including call/email volumes, response SLAs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be fluent in English and German
- Working knowledge of basic programs including Excel, Word, SAP
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and mathematical skills
- Positive attitude, goal-oriented, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable, flexible, and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle potentially volatile situations
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Direct Debit Specialist (temporary) – German in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top