We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength - it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As a DevSecOps Engineer you will work as a member of the security operations team responsible for the execution of analytics, investigations, resolution, and reporting of security issues. The Security Operations team covers a range of security disciplines from vulnerability management, access control, alert and response management through to measurement and reporting of the organisation security posture. As a member of this team you will participate in the defense of one of the world's leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn and develop skills in a truly world leading security practice.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve our vulnerability management process;
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Manage issues proactively, monitor user experience, and identify opportunities to automate remediation of issues;
- Work closely with the end user and strive for the reduction of friction;
- Support in creating structural solutions instead of workarounds;
- Create system health/performance dashboards for the team to ensure our process is working well;
- Mentor, coach and steer more junior colleagues across technical and conceptual challenges;
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- At least 3 years experience working in a Systems Engineering or DevOps position working on designing, implementing and maintaining patch management infrastructure;
- Good understanding of IT security concepts at both a technical and procedural level.
- Robust understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system integration and administration, and application layers in hardware and/or cloud services/environments.
- Good programming experience for simple internal webpages;
- Strong scripting and automation experience;
- Strong Linux administration and troubleshooting skills;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
Exposure to the following is an advantage:
- Logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Graphite, Splunk, and HDFS;
- Network administration, troubleshooting
- Familiarity at least one programming or scripting language. For example with Python, Golang, perl, and/or Java;
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ hi-tech professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top