Do you want to design world-class payment solutions for Booking.com's 1 million+ partners worldwide? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a Design Manager , and be a part of the fast-growing team behind 'Payments by Booking.' You'll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry's smartest people.
Payments are a complex, competitive, and exciting industry. As a Design Manager in Partner Payments you will lead a design team that works on designing a frictionless payment experience, to ensure a fast and reliable payouts to our partners. Critical initiatives around pricing depend on increasing adoption of payments by our Partners. Smooth, transparent, and highly reliable Partner PayOut processing is instrumental to their success. As a design manager, your primary focus is on empowering your direct reports to do their best work. You are capable in the design craft, a strong leader and communicator. Committed to the career development needs of your team.
- Coaches and mentors individual designers to improve craft, deliverables, communication, and career advancement; evaluates and elevates individuals' process and craft through critique, review, or other measurable steps.
- Hires new employees - identifies headcount needs for designers aligned to track or business objectives; works with HR and Central Design in order to recruit and interview candidates for identified roles.
- Helps reports prioritize work on product and community focused initiatives and projects; guides the definition of work schedules to capitalize on their reports' strengths and ensure focus is maintained.
- Actively contributes to strategy through collaboration with leaders in engineering and product development.
- Managing stakeholders, business priorities and projects, as well as the ability to influence and guide individuals. Networks across multiple teams, tracks and disciplines to achieve objectives, proactively builds productive relationships across teams.
- Highly adept at product design processes, as well as their product area or business topic. Advances reports' understanding and application of user-centered design concepts, methods, and techniques to enable and advance quality design and outcomes.
- Encourages and enables their direct reports in facilitating workshops, sprints, critiques, reviews, or other collaborative processes across teams or tracks in order to engage direct reports, peers, and key stakeholders to provide continual direction in design and innovation.
- Develops and drives improvement or implementation plans to relevant design systems and design principles;
- Works with design leadership and others to ensure product, craft, quality, and accessibility standards and requirements are applied across their reports' tracks, teams and products.
- Follows current and upcoming trends in market, technology and design; Shares this knowledge widely and encourages others to learn.
- Advocates for end user needs and perspectives in product area discussions, reviews, and critiques.
- Guides team members to validate hypotheses through user-testing, quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Enables understanding of track or area's business models and strategies amongst their team and the utilization of this in product design strategies.
- Champions an advanced understanding of Booking's brand, copy and design standards, systems, and guidelines.
We're looking for candidates who have 5+ years design experience as an Individual Contributor, delivering global products in a similar large scale product led environment. With 1-3 years of successfully managing and/or mentoring designers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- IC UX design experience, within a mass consumer or B2B digital environment, such as Payments, FinTech, Marketplaces, SaaS, Media, Travel, Retail.
- Extensive knowledge of design processes
- Strong theoretical and practical user-centred design skills
- Experience of working with Tech and Commercial stakeholders, and managing their objectives
- Experience and knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing processes
- Knowledge of Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is part of our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and know that a team of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives makes us thrive and build better products. We are fortunate to have one of the most diverse design teams in the world and we do our best work when we join forces. We're looking forward to welcoming you into our team of exceptionally talented and fun colleagues, where you'll do challenging and rewarding work.
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.