Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Would you like to translate terabytes of data into unforgettable holidays for millions of people around the globe?
Booking.com, the world's largest accommodation reservation website, is looking for top notch Data Scientists to join our growing machine learning community.
Our product development teams crunch endless amounts of data to provide our customers with the best possible experience. The projects focus on different business challenges that range from understanding and predicting market data, to ranking all properties on our website and providing our customers with the most relevant personalised recommendations or making customer service a frictionless experiences, preventing fraud, optimising our marketing bidding, and much more.
As a Data Scientist you'll collaborate closely with Developers, Designers and Product Owners, and take full ownership of your work - from the initial idea-generation phase to the implementation of the final product on our website.
You will thrive at Booking.com if you are result-focused, innovative, and with a solid quantitative background, but most of all by understanding our complex business model and the logic behind it.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you'll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models. You'll use the model's output to create and improve products for our customers, preferably in short development cycles
- Research & Development on how to improve customers' experience, by using our vast amount of data
- Actively contribute to taking Data Science at Booking.com to the next level
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Ideally two years of relevant work experience
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Excellent English communication skills; the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
- Prior experience with a few of the following models: Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Game Theory, Mechanism Design and/or Latent Dirichlet Allocation
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. R, Octave, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Experience implementing a real-world Recommender or Ranking system
- Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology Department has regular hackathons, trainings and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
Back to top