Data Center Infrastructure Engineer
Our Data Center Team is expanding! We are looking for a Data Center Infrastructure Engineer to join our international team of data center professionals. We are looking for a proactive, hands-on and passionate professional to help us with the challenges in our rapidly expanding global data centers.
You will be part of a rapidly growing and diverse team, with colleagues in the United Kingdom and in the Netherlands. You will be able to apply your knowledge and make an impact to our fast growing and high traffic website by ensuring high level support to the infrastructure.
- Design, implement and upgrade data center rooms and supporting infrastructure;
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and infrastructure issues;
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and product owners to bring new features and services into production;
- Assist with automation initiatives to better support and manage the data center resources;
- Participate in On-Call rotation;
- Travel between the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, generally twice a quarter for up to a week at a time;
- Occasionally travel to other locations in Europe, North America and Asia, for specific projects.
- Create, update and maintain IT room and engineering drawings, as well as project documentation
- Read and understand technical specifications on server and network hardware and extract relevant information in order to make recommendations on data center infrastructure and best practices.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects within fixed time periods.
- Strong background and knowledge in data center facilities such as power, air management systems.
- Knowledge of structured cabling, physical network topologies, and best practices for implementation is highly desired
- Well organized with good time management and skills
- Proactive, hands-on approach, experienced, diligent, passionate and a willingness to help;
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or other scripting languages is a plus;
- Holding the certification, Certified Data Center Design Professional (CDCDP®) would be a benefit;
- Network certification, CCNA, JNCIA or equivalent would be a benefit;
- Experience working with Agile, Kanban methodologies is beneficial;
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable and customer oriented.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits, including a relocation package. Unfortunately there is no work visa sponsoring available for this role.
The role is open in both the Slough, United Kingdom and Amsterdam, The Netherlands location.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Center Infrastructure Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top