Data Center Engineer
The Data Center Team is expanding! We are looking for a proactive, hands-on and passionate a Data Center Engineer to join the international team of engineers. You will be part of a rapidly growing team, with colleagues in the United Kingdom and in the Netherlands. You will be able to apply your knowledge and make an impact to our fast growing and high traffic website by ensuring high level support to the infrastructure.
- Design, implement and upgrade data center rooms and supporting infrastructure;
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and infrastructure issues across the entire datacenter;
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and product owners to bring new features and services into production;
- Liaise with technical teams in Booking.com that need Data Center services;
- Assist with automation initiatives to better support and manage the data center resources;
- Participate in On-Call rotation;
- Manage own projects and report on progress and completion;
- Manage contractors and be responsible for correct execution of our requirements;
- Create, update and maintain IT room and engineering drawings, as well as project documentation
- Read and understand technical specifications on server and network hardware and extract relevant information in order to make recommendations on data center infrastructure and best practices.
- Travel between the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Frankfurt, generally twice a quarter for up to a week at a time;
- Occasionally travel to other locations in Europe, North America and Asia, for specific projects.
- Experience with data center solution design in for example, network, infrastructure and voice;
- Strong background and knowledge in data center operations and problem resolution;
- In depth experience with network troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of structured cabling, physical network topologies, and best practices for implementation;
- Deep knowledge of power and temperature management;
- Comfortable managing multiple projects within fixed time periods;
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or shell scripting;
- Well organized with good time management and skills;
- Proactive, hands-on approach, experienced, diligent, passionate and a willingness to help;
- Network certification, CCNP or equivalent;
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable and customer oriented.
We offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with a competitive salary and other perks and benefits, including a relocation package. We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and bonuses.
Opening date: August 8th 2017 Closing date: September 7th 2017
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Data Center Engineer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top