Data Center Engineer
Our Data Center Team is expanding! Booking.com is looking for a Data Center Operations Engineer to join our international team of data center professionals. We are looking for a proactive, hands-on and passionate professional to help us with the challenges in our rapidly expanding global data centers.
You will be part of a rapidly growing team, with colleagues in the United Kingdom and in the Netherlands. You will be able to apply your knowledge and make an impact to our fast growing and high traffic website by ensuring high level support to the infrastructure.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and infrastructure issues;
- Install and manage servers, network and storage devices
- Coordinate and assist in large-scale deliveries, tracking assets and components
- Prepare scope of work and supervise external resources to assist with large scale works
- Follow and improve data center best practices
- Use monitoring, provisioning, asset management and other internally developed tools
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other teams to identify and enable workflow improvements
- Track activities in issue management tool, providing feedback for internal customers
- Independently lead projects
- Travel between the Netherlands, UK and Frankfurt
- Occasionally travel to other locations in Europe, North America and Asia, for specific projects.
- Strong experience in data center operations or engineering and building scaling infrastructure
- Demonstrable knowledge in data center hardware and infrastructure best practices
- Well organized with good time management and skills
- Proactive, hands-on approach, experienced, diligent, passionate and a willingness to help
- Experienced and comfortable working with server/network hardware and Linux OS
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable and customer oriented.
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs on a daily basis
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Certification such as CCNA, RHCT CDCDP or equivalent experience a plus;
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or other scripting languages is a plus;
- Network certification, CCNA, JNCIA or equivalent would be a benefit;
- Experience working with Agile, Kanban methodologies is beneficial;
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits, including a relocation package. Unfortunately there is no work visa sponsoring available for this role.
The role is open in the Slough, United Kingdom location.
The hiring company Booking.com Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in United Kingdom. Booking.com Ltd. is looking for a Data Center Engineer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top