Data Center Engineer
Our Data Center Team is expanding! Booking.com is looking for a Data Center Engineer to join our international team of engineers. We are looking for a proactive, hands-on and passionate professional to join the international team of engineers.
You will be part of a team of 10, with colleagues in the United Kingdom and in the Netherlands. You will be able to apply your knowledge and make an impact to our fast growing and high traffic website by ensuring high level support to the infrastructure.
- Design, develop, deploy and support Data Centers Infrastructures;
- Manage and plan the server deployments based on power, cooling and rack space;
- Coordinate projects and drive contractors to build new Data Center Infrastructures;
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve network and hardware issues;
- Responsible for maintaining and reacting to established monitoring, and ticketing systems;
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and product owners to bring new features and services into production;
- Assist with automation projects to better support and manage the data center;
- Participate in On-Call rotation;
- Travel between the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, generally twice a quarter for up to 1 week at a time;
- Occasionally travel to other locations in Europe, North America and Asia, for specific projects.
- +2 years Data Center Engineering background;
- Experience coordinating multiple projects with changing priorities at the same time;
- Experience with project planning and maintaining a backlog;
- Experience designing a DC room (Visio, CAD, etc);
- Experience with managing different stakeholders and monitoring contractors;
- Strong network hardware project deployment history, preferably with Juniper or Arista;
- Proactive, hands-on approach, experienced, diligent, passionate and a willingness to help;
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment;
- Python programming experience is a plus;
- Any Data Centre certification, would be highly desirable;
- Network certification, CCNA, JNCIA or equivalent would be a benefit;
- Previous experience in working with the Agile, Kanban methodology is beneficial;
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable and customer oriented.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits, including a relocation package. Unfortunately there is no work visa sponsoring available for this role.
The hiring company Booking.com Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in United Kingdom. Booking.com Ltd. is looking for a Data Center Engineer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top