Cyber Security Vulnerability Analyst
Cyber Security Vulnerability Analyst
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As a Vulnerability Analyst you will work as a member of the security operations team responsible for the execution of analytics, investigations, resolution, and reporting of security issues. The Security Operations team covers a range of security disciplines from vulnerability management, access control, alert and response management through to measurement and reporting of the organisation security posture. As a member of this team you will participate in the defense of one of the world's leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn and develop skills in a truly world leading security practice.
- Support identification and resolution of vulnerabilities
- Analyze data sets and support alerts and response activities
- Provide data driven insights into improvement opportunities for security management processing
- Interact with other (security) teams and assist with general IT security as required
- Perform validation of moderately to highly complex security reports
- Help stakeholders to determine the best course of action to remedy problems
- Provide support for security testing
- Drive the remediation process to ensure vulnerable assets are patched or remediated within agreed SLAs
- Proactively research new methods, tools, and strategies to effectively identify vulnerabilities
- Recommend new policies and procedures to management and compliance
- 3+ years working in security practices
- Intermediate level of understanding regarding systems security and applications security at both technical and procedural level
- Understanding of web application vulnerabilities (OWASP)
- Understanding (technical aspects of) penetration testing and results (including scoping and organizing of pentests, use of vulnerability scanners, vulnerability management tools)
- Good understanding of IT fundamentals across networking (such as DNS, SNMP, DHCP, IPSEC etc.), system, and application layers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to share knowledge and to communicate effectively with different stakeholders (IT and business partners)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certification (CISSP, CISM, SANS)
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Cyber Security Vulnerability Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top