Customer Service Research Manager
Booking.com BV is looking for a Customer Service Research Manager to create and implement the department's strategic and operational approach to research. You will build and lead a team to drive measurable improvements to our products and services by ensuring the voices of our customers, accommodation partners and employees are heard. You will focus on delivering qualitative and quantitative insights on how to improve the current experience, but will also conduct external market research to identify new opportunities that can elevate Booking.com Customer Service to the next level.
As Customer Service Research Manager you will be responsible for building a research organization able to fulfil the needs of multiple stakeholders including Product, Operational Excellence and Data Science. On each project you will decide what research method to apply, which data to capture and how to interpret and communicate results and recommendations to your colleagues. Your team will support a wide variety of research methods including focus groups, traditional usability testing, surveys and data analysis.
You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and will periodically travel to conduct research in other markets across the globe. You will be a senior member of a company-wide research community and will be working with product owners, designers and developers on a daily basis.
Given Booking.com's strong tradition in data-driven innovation, achieved through experimentation and research, this is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
- Initiate and manage all aspects of quantitative and qualitative research projects, including design, data analysis, user research moderation, leading focus groups, and managing projects with external agencies
- Support colleagues prioritize and refine their projects by providing the customer perspective, expressed through data
- Deliver actionable insights and recommendations for concrete improvements to employee, customer and accommodation owner experience
- Provide in-depth research insights and communicate the most relevant industry and competitive insights to stakeholders across departments
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and, if relevant, external agencies
- Lead, manage and motivate your team by providing clear expectations, appropriate coaching and mentoring, regular feedback and stretching but attainable goals
- 6+ years of (hands-on) qualitative and quantitative research experience within a commercial environment
- Bachelor Degree or higher (preferably in marketing, market research, business, psychology or a related field)
- Broad experience of mainly qualitative research methods, including usability research, and familiar with quantitative research, A/B testing and survey based research
- Comfortable working with numbers and know when research data is statistically reliable
- Ability to influence and consult across various levels and disciplines
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, deliver results under tight deadlines and adapt priorities as the business situation changes
- Experience managing people in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical, strategic, entrepreneurial and data-driven
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Ultimately, you truly care about improving our user's experience
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com. We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a Customer Service Research Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top