Customer Service Guest Specialist - Icelandic
At Booking.com, our Customer Service teams, 8000 strong, span 110 nationalities and speak 43 different languages to provide care to Booking.com's customers, wherever they are, whenever they need.
But we're more than that.
At Booking.com, we're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
If you're like us, you'll love to help people. You'll love travel and new life experiences too. Put these passions together and you get an international team who'll take problems and turn them into solutions, increasing customer satisfaction and helping Booking.com to grow its global business.
What you'll be doing:
- A lot of listening, responding and mediating between our international guests and partners (eg. Accommodations) to resolve easy to complex issues via the phone. Cancellations, requests, travel advice; You name it, we'll answer it.
- Replying to emails and messages from customers all over the world in English and Icelandic.
- Navigating different online IT tools and browsers to provide accurate information and follow set processes.
- Supporting your teammates and colleagues with peer to peer learning and constructive feedback to encourage a positive working environment.
- Regular involvement with company events, team meetings and projects.
- Most importantly, always ensuring a high level of customer service that'll make anyone smile ☺
What you need to do it:
- Written and oral fluency in English and Icelandic.
- A problem-solving and solution-driven mentality.
- A positive, motivated mindset that'll help you deal with some tricky customer problems.
- An open mind to changing priorities and business processes.
- Intermediate IT Skills (web browsing, multi-window navigation etc).
- A desire to work in a team-based, fast-pace, international environment where you'll need to embrace different cultures, nationalities and languages.
In return, we'll provide:
- Annual gross salary of £19,560 based on 40 hours
- Full-time, paid training to help you on your way to success.
- 25 days holiday per year on a full-time basis for you to do your own travel.
- Booking.com discount for you, your family and friends.
- Delicious free lunch or dinner (depending on shift).
- A working schedule provided 4-6 weeks in advance.
- A huge platform for learning and development.
- Performance-based quarterly bonuses.
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from all over the planet.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Diana N.Quality Executive
Diana supports Booking.com’s customer service agents by providing side-by-side shadow training in addition to offering personalized feedback, tips, and tricks to each agent.
Back to top