Customer Service Director – External Partner Support
Are you passionate about disrupting a rapidly changing industry? Do you love to solve complex problems of scale? Are you a great people leader? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel?
Booking.com is the planet’s #1 accommodation site. We are united by a single mission: help travelers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book and enjoy the world’s best places to stay. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 200+ offices worldwide, our 13,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter – experiences, homes and apartments, new technologies – we are actively recruiting the next generation of global leaders and entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of functions: product, technology, marketing, HR and operations.
We are looking for a Customer Service Director, External Partner Support (EPS) to lead the procurement, management, strategy and performance of all external service partners globally. This is an exciting role that lets you shape the strategic role and evolution of external partners in the largest department at Booking.com as we prepare for the next stage of growth. You will play a key role in setting the strategy for EPS, leading the relationships with partners, and managing the performance. This position requires a combination of vendor management experience, strategic thinking, contact center experience and people management.
This role will report to the Global Director of Customer Service and will be based in our Amsterdam headquarters.
- Develop long-term vendor management strategy about the role EPS plays in overall customer service approach, including but not limited to global language coverage needs, cost, quality, flexibility, and position alongside internal agents
- Create and execute staffing model with respect to seasonal variations and language recruitment availability across global regions
- Establish service level agreement for external partners and ensure performance against criteria, including but not limited to performance improvement plans where performance not met
- Analyze performance results to understand trends, improvement opportunities, and changes needed in approach and working relationship
- Guide external partners in the training and development of employees according to Booking.com processes, quality standards, and our constantly evolving way of working
- Lead communication to and from external partners, ensuring that both internal Booking.com changes are communicated outward, and that partner feedback is received within Booking.com
- Share best practices from external partners to help guide continuous improvement within the Booking.com customer service organization
- Identify additional external partnership opportunities, from initial sourcing, to request proposal and vendor selection, to negotiation and contract development
- Standardize the global approach to partners, with common contracts, statements of work and pricing models
- Coordinate among various Booking.com functions to provide proper support to external partners where needed
- Support technical requirements and identify and prioritize technical support needs where necessary, including but not limited to phone systems, scheduling, data infrastructure, reporting
- Integrate external partners into “business as usual” in the areas of daily capacity management, change management, data and reporting, new hire planning/coordination, and other areas
- +10 years of experience within a customer service environment, preferably in partnership with or working in an external support partner operation
- Strong contract management and negotiation experience
- Great communicator (with various organizational levels) and ability to work with, influence, and align with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Proven analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Analytical/technical aptitude in process and work flow optimization
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Preferred experience with telephony technology and phone data structure/reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
- Minimum university educational level or equivalent
- Able to travel 25% of the time
Our reward philosophy is designed to give you the best ‘deal’ possible:
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to shape the future of the global travel industry
- A high-scale, complex, world-renowned product
- See the real time impact of your work
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance driven culture
- Great headquarters in Amsterdam, one of the Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities
- Scope for rapid career development, continuous training and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and great added perks
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Customer Service Director – External Partner Support in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top