CS Payments Compliance Controller
Booking.com, part of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than 900,000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels. Our global Customer Service (CS) team consists of over 5,500 international professionals working 24/7 in fourteen global sites covering more than 40 languages. CS is the largest and fastest growing department at Booking.com, with plans to continue growing people and sites in the coming year.
At Booking.com we are constantly looking for ways to innovate our customer experience and the quality of the service we deliver. In this role, you will be part of CS Finance & Payments team which is part of the CS WFM team and reports to the CS Finance Payments & Controlling manager. You will be located in our Amsterdam office. Some travel to other Booking.com offices will be required.
As CS Payments Compliance Controller, you will be responsible for monitoring customer refund payments to ensure that quality standards and compliance controls are maintained. You will take ownership and be accountable for the full review of payments and authorization of payments that are initiated in Customer Service. This position will require you to use your analytical and investigative mindset and experience, joining the dots to understand and validate decisions made.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You should be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- You take an active part in the following CS Financial areas:
- CS Refunds Management Information
- Refunds/Payments Controlling
- Compliance and Scoring Protocol
- Reviewing and analyzing in-depth the payment proposals entered by Customer Relations team
- Ensuring that quality and compliance are maintained throughout the process
- Authorizing payment proposals
- Escalating to the appropriate levels of management or compliance teams if issues are detected within the control environment of the payments process
- Being involved in all initiatives to improve payments from Customer Service processes to ensure that compliance and internal controls are taken into consideration
- Working closely with Customer Relations team to fully understand case handling of payment proposals
- Working closely with other teams ( e.g. Accounts Payable, Security, Compliance and Internal Audit) and Payment Provider (communication and fraud report)
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Objectivity and critical thinking
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-evolving and dynamic work environment
- Good analytical skills and strong attention to details
- Clear and articulate communication
- Take ownership
- Quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com Customer Service Holding B.V. is looking for a CS Payments Compliance Controller . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top